Here are a few healthy gift ideas
for the mom that has been asking for a little help:
- Pedometer and a Promise -if she has expressed an interest in exercising more, why not schedule a weekly date to go for gentle walks together?
- Activity tracker: consider her needs and mobile devices to find one that fits best
- Class – pay for and gift a water aerobics, fitness class or dance class to take together
- Picnic in the Park – pack a Sunday morning picnic and enjoy it together in a beautiful park, fresh air, time to talk and walk, few distractions
- Advocate to Mom – attend her next doctor’s appointment with her, exchange contact info with her doctor, ask questions when appropriate and take notes so your mother can feel supported
- New Kicks – a great new pair of walking shoes or workout clothes can help with getting moving again
- Mix Tape – inexpensive and heartfelt -why not make Mom a new walking or workout CD of all of HER favorite music
- Fun with Flowers – buy your mom flowers for her outdoor spaces and plant them together (remember use proper body mechanics)
- Basket of goodies – reusable water bottle, dried fruit, dark chocolate, homemade banana bread (use apple sauce instead of oil), and any other small items that would make healthy snacking or exercise easier for her.